Joan of Arc was burned at the stake here on 30th May 1431 at the point marked today by a large cross. Nearby are the remains of Saint Saviour’s Church where Corneille was christened and stone throw away. The contemporary church was built according to the plans of the architect, Louis Arretche, in 1979. The stained-glass windows saved from the former Church of Saint-Vincent and are the work of the great master glaziers of the beginning of the 16th century.
Opening hours: (Church) from 10am to midday and from 2pm to 6pm. Close the Fridays and Sunday mornings, the 12/25 and 01/01.
|Place du Vieux Marché, 76000 ROUEN|
|+33 (0)2 35 70 44 77|